French Blogger Killed By Whipped Cream Dispenser Explosion



A well known lifestyle blogger in France died after a whipped cream dispenser exploded, her family said. Rebecca Burger, 33, suffered a cardiac arrest after an exploding whipped cream dispenser hit her chest, French media reported.

Rebecca’s family members announced her death on Facebook and called it a “domestic accident,” BBC reported.

A warning was posted on her Instagram account saying "exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, causing her death". One of the family members of Rebecca took to Instagram and wrote: "Do not use these kinds of utensils in your home, tens of thousands of defective devices are still in use.”

Rebbeca was a well known fitness and travel figure in France and had around 55,000 Facebook fans and 154,000 followers on Instagram. In addition to blogging, Rebecca also had a YouTube channel with around 2,000 subscribers. She also did modeling for a health and fitness retailer.

Rebbeca also participated in worldwide fitness competitions and was placed eighth in the Arnold Classic held in Columbus, Ohio, reports said.

A whipped cream dispenser uses a gas to pressurize a metal container canister of whipped cream. A French consumer magazine, 60 Millions has warned its readers for years about faulty connectors on gas capsule that can cause them to break and expel at high speed. Injuries caused by such dispensers can range from broken teeth to multiple fractures. A case of loss of an eye had also been reported.

However, the magazine claims that new dispensers manufactured after 2015 appear to be safe. According to the BBC report, one victim of an exploding cream dispenser told RTL radio in 2013 that she broke six ribs. "At the hospital, I was told that if the shock and blast had been facing the heart, I would be dead now," the victim said.

An increasing number of accidents compelled the government office for consumers to issue a warning. The warning said that the accidents have been reported from 2010, and can occur at any time — even after years of use. One of the manufacturers had recalled the products but replaced only 25,000 units out of the 160,000 units sold.

Rebecca’s followers on social media were shocked and reacted with disbelief.

"A beautiful woman, full of life. All my condolences to the family," one of followers wrote on facebook. "I am horrified by what happened," another wrote. Some of her followers described her as a “bikini icon” and a “beautiful athelete and coach,” reports said.

Paying tribute to the blogger, a French fitness website Women's Best wrote: “Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with”.

"Pray for her to rest in peace and for her family to remain strong. We will always be proud of you Rebecca,” another follower wrote.

Text GMB To 33353 For SMS Updates MTN Only