Buhari's Condition Same as Yar'adua's - Prof. Horsfall Speaks as President's Heath Status Remains Mystery



Buhari & Yar'adua

Speaking in an exclusive interview with DailyPost, a Nigerian Professor of English, William Ajene Horsfall, joined some other Nigerians to raise his voice of concern, asking to see the letter sent by the ‘sick’ president to the National Assembly.

As the dust raised by the current health status of President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to settle, some Nigerians have said his condition may not be unconnected to that which led to the death of former President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

Prof. Horsefall said; “Special Adviser to the President, Femi Adesina said the President had planned to return to Abuja this evening, but was advised to complete the test cycle before returning. The notice has since been dispatched to the Senate President, and Speaker, House of Representatives.

“What notice? Notice by phone or email or official letter as usual? Who signed the letter? Let us see it and not only a three paragraph letter.

“Remember, President Yar’Adua left Nigeria on 23 November 2009, and was reported to be receiving treatment for pericarditis at a clinic in Saudi Arabia. He was not seen in public again, and his absence created a dangerous power vacuum in Nigeria.

“He battled kidney failure and purportedly challenged his critics to a game of squash in an endeavor to end speculations about his health; this is exactly what is happening with Buhari and his government.

“Further fomenting rumors about his health, he was flown to Germany for medical reasons and we were told it was due to stress. Afterall, whatever we are told, we accept. Mumu!

“If you remember, Yar’Adua was quoted as saying he ‘was fine and would soon be back to campaigning.’ They have said this about Buhari too.

“Like a rumour, Yar’Adua was said to have collapsed after suffering a heart attack – another report which was swiftly dismissed by them.

“Yar’Adua was urged to hand over power to Vice-President, Goodluck Jonathan, in an acting capacity during his illness, but what happened? They kept swindling Nigerians.”

Speaking further, Prof Horsfall said, “On 24 February 2010, Yar’Adua returned to Abuja under the cover of darkness. His state of health was unclear, but there were speculations that he was still on a life support machine, but unfortunately, Yar’Adua died on 5 May at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

“There were reactions here and there. So, whatever is happening to Buhari is not different from what we know or what we have seen, heard or experienced. We may be looking at Yar’adua’s scenario,” the Professor added.