This is coming from a Nigerian resident in the Asian country and I couldn’t agree more.. Read below:
Many people have contacted me asking questions about their intention to come to Malaysia in search of greener pasture.
I will be very brief.
Malaysia is recognised for excellent infrastructure, amenities and top-notch security
Hence a good place to be – either for study, tourism and the likes.
However, it is not a place to search for greener pasture, especially if you are an African
In fact, they are currently experiencing a recession, thanks to their diversification of economy (Agriculture, industries, tourism, petroleum etc). Otherwise, they would be facing what Nigeria is facing right now.
REASONS FOR NOT SEEKING GREENER PATURE IN MALAYSIA
1. Job is very scarce for black here partly because of our bad reputation and partly because of white/black discrimination
2. Malaysia Government prioritises their citizen, hence any company employing you must prove to the government that you are gonna occupy a position in which no citizen have the will or ability to occupy
3. Malaysia don’t give citizenship to you even if you marry 10 of their women You are always a foreigner. Though after some years you have some privileges, but not a CITIZEN
4. We pay tax (6%) on every commodities we purchase even on recharge card.
Feel free to enter Malaysia in search of greener pasture if
1. You got your employment letter prior to coming down
2. You got a study scholarship
3. You can teach FRENCH or ARABIC language very well
4. If you have money to finish you study upto phd level. You have a chance. We have Nigerians among
-University lectures here
-In petroleum industry
-and other good positions
PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT HERE – “ILLEGALLY”
1. Drug pusher – death penalty if caught
3. Those that sell their kidney for money
4. Yahoo boys
Feel free to add your experience in order to help our fellow citizen from making mistakes in their attempt for success.
Feel free to use the comment section.